Friday, January 29, 2021

January 2021

Like Angina,

I find it hard to breathe...

thinking of whats to come...

the loves I have to leave.

 

Paua shells and pohutakawas

...cafes and malls

if home is where the heart is...

Why cant I have it all?

 

the daughter I cry over..

growing up way to fast.

my chest is tight.

how long will this last.

 

Quarantine

Isolation

4th time round

for the good of the nation.

 

Baby Pele,

she grew up behind the glass

smiling at strangers...

behind shields and masks...

 

Hospitals, healthcare

investigations and diagnosis

Not available in the islands,

poor prognosis

 

Like anxiety, my chest hurts

my heart thuds like its trying to escape

Trying to think of right from wrong

the decisions we have to make.

 

Covid, pandemic

new and virulent strain

sacrifice and scanning in

hopefully not all in vein...

 

my daughters eyes

 they are so big

I see the fear in them

I want to curl her into my arms,

and tell her she'll never have to leave them

 

but life's been good, at never giving me

a straight path to choose

 its always been a windy one

something always has to lose

 

God protect them,

please be at our sides

I don't know how else we will

survive ....

 

my heart beats

I will leave you

I will be oceans away

and in that time we must be strong

we will see each other again ,

one day

 

No comments: