Friday, October 31, 2014

Touch wood

Thank goodness for this immune system. If this is what the man above has dealt me in my line of work I am seriously grateful. It always surprises me how much contagions  I have around me and yet I always miss out or rarely get affected. This week, I have my youngest down with a nasty cold...cough snot fevers and sweat is what it is. How she manages to still have smiles and her usual cheek in her I dont know, shes my little fairy princess. The next one up has caught chicken pox. I am almost entirely sure it is from school and maybe even from some kids we give a ride to everyday because one by one a family of 3 has become just one child coming as the others are 'sick'...hmmm..anyways. Chicken pox is nasty. Its everywhere, in her hair behind her ears,  down her back and in places she cant reach. Its itchy as anything and my eldest daughter is as miserable as anything. Im trying to put every anti-itch thing you can put on it as well as an anti-itch tab at night and she is still miserable. Bless her little soul always the obediant daughter- having been told not to scratch she will just sstand there and jump up and down wailing "Im so itchyyyyyy!"...its heartbreaking but Im nursing her through it...

And last but not the least, Dad has got the good old chikungunya. Thankyou american Samoa, thankyou south america.. or wherever this came from. He has it full blown, rash, fever, itch, sore joints, headache, not an ounce of energy and in bed all day. Thank goodness for the babysitter or I would have had to shut 2 businesses down to care for this lot. Luckily Im only a hop away from home so in and out all day to check on these 3. Its been a week now and I was waiting to see when I would get something....but alas..the week is almost up and surely this lot should be going downhill from now on a recovery road and not so much as a sniffle from me. I remember feeling like this at the hospital too. When in outpatient with almost zilch hygein and infection control..and still...never caught anything.

Well its touch wood, that I actually don't get infected who knows...maybe next week Ill come down with something but I am counting my lucky stars for being spared and being able to care for all these sickies in the house.

Please keep spraying your homes because as far as I am concerned, Chiku is still around and in full force  (esp in Savaii)

No comments: